OS Interview Questions to Prepare For
Get Prepared for Your Next Tech Interview with These FAs
A software program that manages & coordinates all computer resources, including hardware and software. It acts as an intermediary between users & hardware.
What is an OS (Operating System)?
1. Memory & processor management
2. Providing user interface
3. File & device management
4. Resource rescheduling
5. Error detection Security
Functions of OS
1. What is RAID structure in OS? What are the different levels of RAID configuration?
2. Explain demand paging.
Basic OS Interview Questions
3. What is a bootstrap program in OS? What is IPC?
4. What are the different IPC mechanisms?
1. What are starvation and aging in OS? What is a Scheduling Algorithm?
2. Name different types of scheduling algorithms.
Intermediate OS Interview Questions
3. What is the difference between multitasking and multiprocessing OS?
4. Explain the zombie process.
1. What is a deadlock in OS? What are the necessary conditions for a deadlock?
2. What do you mean by Belady’s Anomaly?
Advanced OS Interview Questions
3. Write the difference between the microkernel and the monolithic kernel.
4. What is spooling in OS?
Ready to take the next step in your career?
This comprehensive guide will help you prepare for all aspects of the interview process. Don't miss out on your next opportunity!
Step Up Your Game with InterviewBit Web Stories
Don't miss out on the chance to upskill yourself with IntervewBit's engaging web stories.