Directi Interview Questions
Directi founded in the year 1998 by Bhavin Turakhia and Divyank Turakhia, is an Internet company that develops volume-based Web Products and Services catering to the audience worldwide.
The company is a pioneer in providing registrar solutions to customers in 230+ countries. Directi is known for its technological solutions by being the first registrar in India accredited by ICANN.
"It's Our Moral Obligation To Make An Impact Directly Proportional To Our Potential "
-Bhavin Turakhia, CEO at Directi
Directi being amongst the biggest companies in the technology field believes that they are here not just to bring a change through their services but to bring an impact on how the tech sector works.
Wondering what it would be like to work as a software engineer in a company where the company believes in your potential and wants to give you the freedom to work with full creativity? Imagine you could be a carrier of change for so many people. Check out Directi's career page for open positions.
Let's find out about the work culture at Directi.
The tagline of Directi is enough to state what kind of work culture you could expect at the company. A company filled with witty, smart people who love to avoid mundane ideas and want to bring new things every day to the table. Such a culture is much appreciated by the employees as work is the second home to them. So, following a routine can bring results but an open, liberated workspace could bring success like the position Directi is at.
A company is as much responsible for its employees as employees are for the company. Directi understands the significance of this. They value the idea of taking care of their employees in order to bring effective results to the table. Therefore, with an open cultured firm, Directi also prioritizes delivering satisfactory perks and benefits to its employees who are the biggest asset of the company.
Directi Recruitment Process
1. Interview Process
Directi off-campus or on-campus recruitment has certain procedures and criteria that are to be followed. The interview process is complex for a reason but it is not something that is non-achievable. So, the Directi interview process for a software engineer includes approximately 4-to 5 rounds depending on experience and other factors.
- MCQ Round.
- Coding Round.
- Technical Rounds.
- HR Round.
2. Interview Rounds
1. MCQ Round: The first round is the basic yet structurally planned MCQ test. You will be given twenty questions to solve in a period of just thirty minutes. Plus, you have to keep in mind that there will be negative markings. So, do the questions you feel comfortable in. The MCQ round will include topics like Data Structures, Algorithms, Basic Programming, Operating System concepts, and some interesting Directi aptitude questions. This round usually is supposed to be a pen and paper round on campus but due to the situation of Covid, it is a Directi Online Test. Strict protocols are followed thereby to ensure transparency and unbiased judgement. Also, this round is not valid for direct off-campus interviews for experienced software engineers. The candidates will directly start with other rounds.
2. Coding Round: Directi Code Chef organized this second round of coding on their platform. This round is a Directi online test that is designed to understand the coding, data structures & algorithm skills, efficiency and speed of the people sitting for the exam. Everyone applying has to solve approximately 2 coding questions within a duration of 90 minutes. The number of questions for the candidate can vary according to the company requirement or the job profile. The selection for the further process will be based on the maximum output from this round. Whoever will solve the maximum questions will move to the next round. Do not limit yourself to the common questions, practise beyond them for enhanced performance.
3. Technical Rounds: The technical round is the interview round which will generally include 2 rounds. Interviews are usually a better way to understand your behaviour and face-to-face presence. Directi interview experience could help you gain a lot of exposure for future preparations as well.
Technical Interview Round 1:
- It is to be noted that just because it is an interview round, it will not be a random test for your behavioural skills and simple talk with the bosses. Whether you are applying for an internship at Directi or for a full-time position, this interview will be a query-based round but face-to-face or as in the current situation with your video on.
- In this first Technical round though, real-life or code-based queries will be given to test your fundamental knowledge of data structures and algorithms. Besides this, there will be an introduction, basic Directi interview questions, your experience so far, your learnings, and your achievements. This is where you have the power to show the interviewers what you are capable of beyond the hard skills. Talk about your dedication, interest, in the industry and how you see yourself in 5 years. Reflect positive skills within you like leadership quality, effective communicator, confidence, and especially willingness to grow and learn.
- After that, you could be asked basic questions about the topics, computer networks, data structures, networking, and programming language.
Technical Interview Round 2:
- The second technical round will be a lot more detailed and complex than the previous round. In this, they could again ask about data structures, algorithms, programming languages and other skill sets. However, in addition, they could talk about your previous projects, and experiences and ask a query from that. They will also give you some real-time situation-based questions to solve. The best part of Directi interview questions is that you do not require a certain preferred programming language there, you could do your coding in the language you favour. It eases out a situation a little bit.
Show your expertise in the language in these two rounds.
Note that for an experienced software engineer, an additional interview can be added where they will ask about your knowledge of system design as it is an essential part of software development.
Also, as mentioned above the rounds are not designed so complex to fail you consciously but to help you push to your full potential. The interviewers are friendly and cordial enough to help you when you are stuck while coding or solving a query.
4. HR Round:
- Many people don't even get a chance to sit for this round. They have to clear all the rounds above to sit in this one.
- This HR round will be further detailed and complex and according to the experience of some students, this round is by far the toughest yet the most interesting one.
- So prepare yourself well. Practice the standard HR Round questions and work on managerial questions as well. Also note, that it will not be more HR-like chat-oriented but rather more inclined toward the technical part only.
Directi Interview Preparation
1. Interview Preparation Tips
By this time of your read, you have understood that the Directi interview process for the software engineer is not a cakewalk. It is something that needs proper planning and efficient execution.
- Make a strategic plan for your preparations: It is not a general interview. Even for Directi internship questions, make a plan for everything. Starting from study material, and timetable to practice time.
- Make time for a structured CV: Your CV is a reflection of your past and present. It even for some recruiters can even give fruitful insight into your future performance based on your achievements and projects. So structure it well.
- Check out Interview Experiences at Directi: Exploring the company site and external sites like Quora, Glassdoor and more for interview experiences will help you prepare better. It would give you an understanding of what type of questions to expect in the interview.
- Ask questions to your recruiter: This might seem odd as if the tables have turned. But, this is the best part to show your confidence and interest. Asking questions about your expectations from the company, your future, how this position will benefit you etc, will display your curiosity and leave an amazing experience behind.
- Show your Expertise: Be confident about your CV and the projects you have worked on. Learn about them thoroughly and deliver the answer with 100% surety. Show them your expertise in different languages, your skill set and how your experience can help you grow in this company.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Directi a good company to work for?
Yes, Directi is amongst the biggest technology-centric, Internet company India catering to a global audience. With over 1550+ employees and across 8 offices in the USA, India, and UAE, Directi has a turnover of billions. Plus, the work culture at Directi is friendly and open, and amazing employee benefits and perks for the employees. Besides, the monetary and work atmosphere, your learning and growth will surely improve here.
2. How many rounds of interviews does Facebook have?
There are 4-5 Rounds: MCQ Round, Directi Codechef Coding Round, Technical Interview Round- 2, and HR Round.
Learn via our Video Courses
3. Are Directi and Media.net the same?
Media.net was founded by Divyank Turakhia, CEO of Directi. But in 2016, the company was acquired by Miteno Communication Technology (also known as Shuzhi.AI), a Chinese consortium for 900 million UDS. So, Media.net was under the umbrella of many organizations by Divyank but, as of 2016, it is part of the Chinese corporation.
4. How do I prepare for the Directi interview?
To prepare for the Directi interview process,