Yahoo Interview Questions
Yahoo! began its journey at Stanford University. Jerry Yang and David Filo, both Electrical Engineering graduate students at the time, launched it in January 1994 with a website called "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web."
Rather than a searchable index of content, the Guide was a directory of other websites structured in a hierarchy. Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web was renamed "Yahoo!" in April 1994. The word "YAHOO" is an acronym for "Yet Another Hierarchically Organized Oracle" or "Yet Another Hierarchically Officious Oracle." On January 18, 1995, the yahoo.com domain was launched.
Yahoo Inc. is a multinational corporation headquartered in California, United States. It is well-recognized for the following:
- Yahoo! Search search engine
- Online mapping.
- Video sharing.
- Other related applications.
At Yahoo, there is a mentality of "work hard, play hard." The company promotes teamwork by providing video games and foosball, as well as throwing company parties to celebrate achievements and milestones.
Careers at Yahoo
Yahoo has thousands of job vacancies around the world. The following are some of the most common technical openings:
- Web Developers.
- Software Engineers.
- Managers of technical projects and programs.
- Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Network Engineers.
- System Administrators.
For more information, check out this Link.
Yahoo Recruitment Process
1. Interview Process
The Yahoo Company interview rounds are need-based. The necessary and default rounds are the same regardless of the applicant pool.
- Interview Process.
- Technical Round.
- HR Round.
- Final Round (Personal Interview or Telephonic).
2. Interview Rounds
- Short Test (Online or Written Test): The written interview is divided into two parts: aptitude and technical. Data structures, Algorithms, Networking, and DBMS are the most common technical questions asked in the test.
- Technical Round: Interviews with Technical Experts There will be a series of technical interviews after the written round is completed. Candidates must be proficient in the fundamentals. Questions in this phase are typically connected to operating systems and computer networking; candidates will also be expected to work on programs and be interrogated on information from their resumes.
- HR round: The HR Interview typically consists of questions from your résumé, brief explanations about yourself, your strengths and weaknesses, and your reason for interviewing with Yahoo.
- Final Round (personal interview or telephone): Aspirants who pass all of the following phases will be invited to a final interview, which may be conducted over the phone or in person.
Yahoo Technical Interview Questions: Freshers and Experienced
1. Technical Interview Questions For Freshers At Yahoo
To cross this stage without any confusion, the applicant must be confident and tension-free. We did our best to compile all important information in this single section to help you improve your understanding on your core subjects. Interview Questions related to DBMS
- What is a Database Management System (DBMS)?
- What are the drawbacks of using a file-processing system?
- What are the three different layers of data abstraction?
- What is the definition of normalization?
- What exactly is the E-R model?
- What exactly is a data model?
- What's the difference between multitasking and multithreading?
- Define demand paging, page faults, replacement methods, thrashing, and other terms related to paging on demand.
- What is the difference between paged segmentation and segment paging?
- Which command would be used to copy the entire diskette on a PC running DOS?
- What is the definition of an entity?
- What is DML Compiler and how does it work?
- What is the purpose of a query evaluation engine?
- What does it mean to be fully functionally dependent?
- What is concurrency control and how does it work?
- What exactly is 4NF?
- What is a Stored Procedure, and how does it work?
- What are the components of a relational database management system (RDBMS)?'Describe the situation.
- Explain the differences between an intranet and an extranet.
- How many types of relationships exist in database designing?
- What is Hashing technique?
2. HR Interview Questions For Freshers At Yahoo
In this section, we've compiled a list of HR interview questions for newcomers who will be participating in a Yahoo business interview. For better performance, we recommend that contenders take a break before digging into their answers.
- Why did you apply for this particular job?
- What are your greatest weaknesses?
- What do you think you'll be doing in the next five years?
- Are you able to work under pressure?
- Are you willing to relocate or travel?
- What are your expected earnings?
- What would you change if you had the chance to change something about yourself?
- What are your other hobbies or interests?
- What would be the most difficult decision you've ever had to make in your life?
3. Technical Interview Questions for Experienced at Yahoo
In this round, the interviewer's attitude will be crucial. He or she is constantly interested in learning about your knowledge level in the core courses you are studying for graduation. Even if you don't know the answer, be honest.
Interview Questions for Java Developers
- What is the distinction between an Abstract class and an Interface class?
- What is the difference between checked and unchecked exceptions?
- What is a user-defined exception, and how does it work?
- What's the distinction between C++ and Java?
- In JAVA, what are statements?
- What exactly is a JAR file?
- What exactly is JNI?
- What is serialization and how does it work?
- Why do some java interfaces have null values? What does this imply? Give me some JAVA null interfaces.
- What is Hibernate's benefit over JDBC?
- What exactly is Hibernate?
- What exactly is ORM?
- What is ORM and what does it entail?
- What are the layers of ORM?
- Why is it necessary to use ORM tools such as hibernate?
- What Is Hibernate and What Does It Simplify?
- What is the primary distinction between Entity Beans and Hibernate?
- What are the Hibernate framework's core interfaces and classes?
Interview Questions for Web Methods Developers
- What exactly is EAI?
- What are the main EAI categories?
- What are the Benefits of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)?
- What are some of the drawbacks of EAI?
- What are the major providers of EAI tools and software?
- What is the definition of web methods?
- What are the web Methods modules? What is a product suite?
- What are the web Methods Integration tools?
- What Exactly Is a Developer?
- What Is an Element, Exactly?
- What is the definition of a startup service?
- What Is a Flow Service and How Does It Work?
- What Exactly Is a Pipeline?
- How can I use a browser to call a service?
- When the pub flow trace Pipeline service is used, what happens?
- What is the purpose of the "scope" field on the Properties tab when adding a BRANCH flow element?
- What is the major purpose of the pub flow save Pipeline service that is built-in?
- Where will you find the code when you create and save the FLOW “my.pack: myFlow” in the “My Pack” package?
- What is the function of the Branch?
- If a Flow EXIT does not mention a "from," what happens by default?
- One or more starting services may be included in an Integration Server package. What time does a startup service start?
- Which port is the default HTTP listener for the web Methods Integration Server?
- How can the date format of the web Methods Integration Server reporting be changed?
- What must be done after a standard installation to use the pub.file: getFile service?
Interview Questions for SAP Developers
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of ABAP programming with views?
- What is the method for storing data in a cluster table?
- Have you ever experimented with performance tuning?
- What key steps will you take to accomplish this?
- How can I make tables that are client-independent?
- What kind of exits have you written for users?
- What is the best way to debug a script form?
- What are the various data dictionary object types?
- What is the procedure for creating a table in the data dictionary?
- What are the different types of domains and data elements?
- What is the definition of a collect statement? What distinguishes it from append?
- What are the different sorts of extractors?
- What are the steps in the LO Extraction process?
- What is the best way to connect LIS Info Structures?
- What are the distinctions between ODS, Info Cube, and Multi Provider?
- What are the differences between Start, Transfer, and Update routines?
- What is the difference between a start and an update routine, and when, how, and why are they referred to as such?
- What is the name of the table that starts routines?
- How did you include Start routines in your project?
- What are Return Tables and How Do They Work?
- What is the relationship between the start routine and the return table?
- What is compression, exactly?
- What exactly is a rollup?
- What is table partitioning in an InfoCube, and what are the advantages of partitioning?
- How many more divisions are produced, and why are they made?
Interview Questions for .NET Developers
- What does it mean to "remote"?
- What is a namespace's primary purpose?
- When it comes to binding, what is the difference between early and late binding?
- Can more than one .NET language's compiled code be contained in a single DLL file?
- What is a Clustered Index, and how does it work?
- What is a Non–non-clustered index, and how does it work?
- How does an OleDbCommand object fit into a data model?
- To load your produced dataset with data, whatever technique do you use on the Data Adapter control?
- What is the difference between a Dataset and a Collection? Clone and Dataset are two different types of clones. Copy?
- What exactly is a Data Adapter?
- What is the difference between a Command Object and a Command Object?
- What is Data View's primary function?
- What are the benefits of using a Connection Object?
- What is the definition of a stored procedure?
- What is the difference between CLR, CTS, and CLS in the .NET Framework?
- What exactly is BCL?
- What is the definition of an extended class?
- What is the definition of inheritance hierarchy?
- What is the definition of overriding?
- What are the differences between events and delegates?
- What is the difference between functional and non-functional requirements?
- What is the purpose of code review?
- What exactly is MIME?
- What's the difference between a Server and a Client? Transfer and Reaction Redirect
- How do you add a handler to an event?
- What is the best way to use validations on an aspx page?
- What is Cross-Page Posting, and how does it work?
4. HR Interview Questions For Experienced At Yahoo
This is the round in which you can have a better understanding of your flaws or mistakes. So be cautious when answering the questions because being truthful can end up causing a lot of problems. No one would be harmed by a little diplomacy. Follow this section closely if you want to learn how to answer diplomatically.
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- What makes you the best candidate for the job?
- What did you dislike about your former position?
- Isn't it true that you're overqualified for this position?
- What makes you want to work for us?
- Why have you changed jobs so frequently?
- What are your thoughts on shift rotation?
- Do you mind if I contact your prior employer, whom you mentioned as a reference on your resume?
- Are you content with your present workplace?
Yahoo Interview Preparation
1. Interview Preparation Tips
- Practice Data Structures and Algorithms well. At Yahoo, problem-solving skills are given utmost priority and so having a strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms is a must. To sharpen your skills on it, you can visit this link.
- If you are applying for senior level roles, you are expected to have a strong understanding of System Design. So practise a lot on System Design questions before appearing for the interview.
- For entry level roles, CS Fundamentals and theoretical questions related to Operating Systems, Computer Networks and Database Management Systems are important as well. Make sure that you revise these concepts well before appearing for the interview.
- Prepare a short and attractive resume. The length of the resume should generally be in 1 to 2 pages. Try to keep the resume as real as possible and do not include any topic/project on which you are not that confident. It can have a negative effect on the interview.
- Be calm and if you do not know the answer to a particular question, do not worry. Interviewers do give hints when you get stuck and you can still make it. Sometimes the interviewer is more interested in the approach to a problem rather than the problem itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Yahoo's pay and perks far superior to those offered by any other company in India (with the exception of Google and a few others)?
One of the nicest bonuses at Yahoo is the people. Yahoos are highly pleasant and helpful, which are attributes that are required when you are fresh out of college and trying to find your way in the corporate world.
Yahoo's pay and perks were far superior to those offered by any other company in India (with the exception of Google and a few others).
- For people relocating from other cities, they give a sizable signing bonus.
- Medical coverage for the entire family, including parents who are financially dependent.
- There is an option to take out an interest-free loan for a specified sum, which could be paid back in three, six, or twelve monthly instalments.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all provided for free at the Yahoo offices.
- The office includes a 24-hour café that provides free tea, coffee, and health drinks.
- There is a recreation facility with sports and games available.
- Once a year, there is an offsite (to neighbouring hill stations) and a giant yearly year-end party.
2. How can I apply for Yahoo?
Candidates should go to @careers.yahoo.com in Yahoo's careers area. They can then submit an application.
3. How many rounds are there in a Yahoo interview? Or What is the Yahoo Interview Process?
The written interview is divided into two parts: aptitude and technical. Data-Structures, Algorithms, Networking, and DBMS are the most common technical questions. There would be a series of technical interviews after the written round was completed.
4. How to get an Internship at Yahoo?
When applying for an internship at Yahoo, you must go through a thorough interview procedure. Typically, candidates will be invited to engage in one or more phone interviews, and a Skype interview, and submit work samples.
5. How many rounds of interviews does Adobe have?
- BTECH (CSE, ECE, EEE, ICE)
- MTECH (CSE. ECE, EEE, ICE)
Eligibility Criteria: 7 cgpa and above.